EN
EN

HOW TO ORGANISE YOUR HUNTING BACKPACK

Hunting is a sport that involves transporting equipment and numerous accessories. Consequently, your backpack is essential, but it will only be really useful if it is well organised.

HOW TO ORGANISE YOUR HUNTING BACKPACK

#CHOOSING THE VOLUME

Start by choosing a suitable volume. The right volume depends on the type of hunting, how long the hunt lasts, the environment (plains, mountains, etc.) and the weather. You will need a lot more material during the cold and rainy season and on multi-day hunts.

Volumes up to 30 L are also recommended for one-day hunts, while larger volumes will be more useful on hunts requiring a lot of equipment (migratory, hide hunting, stalking in mountains, etc.) or on sorties lasting several days.

HOW TO ORGANISE YOUR HUNTING BACKPACK

#HOW TO POSITION YOUR EQUIPMENT

Once you have decided on the size of the bag you need, start by arranging the main volume. Distribute the heaviest material against your back, so the bag's centre of gravity is closest to you (rifle, water bottle, etc.)

Then place light and bulky items such as a sleeping bag and down jacket at the bottom of the bag. Distribute the rest of the items so that the weight is well balanced between the left and the right.

Finally, put any objects that you may need urgently in the field at the top of the backpack, so that they are readily accessible.

In order to avoid loss of time, unwanted vibrations, and to compartmentalise your small accessories, we advise using zip bags such as the organizer or zip lock that can be attached to the outside of the bag or placed in the main volume of the bag.

You can create different packages such as first aid kits, venison processing, dog care, and survival kits, etc. to suit your needs.

To optimise access to ammunition, removable bullet pouches and cartridge belts are available.

HOW TO ORGANISE YOUR HUNTING BACKPACK

#ADJUSTING YOUR BACKPACK

Finally, it is very important to adapt your backpack to your body shape. Remember that for bags over 30L, 70% of the load must be borne by the hips and the remaining 30% by the shoulders.

This implies that the strap adjustments must enable the bag to be positioned correctly on the hips and the shoulder straps to be slightly distended.

The height of the back of certain backpacks can be adjusted in order to obtain the ideal distance between the shoulders and hips. If this feature is not available, adjust the length of the straps to distribute the weight optimally.

X-access range

If you would like to find out more about the scope of our X-access range, please take a look at the video below to discover our modular product range: