In order to train in the best conditions, here's the kit you'll need:
- A compound bow, correctly adjusted
- A release mechanism, an essential element for shooting a compound bow
- Arrows. The arrows used should be suited to your strength and body shape. Only use target arrowheads for your training sessions.
- A target. It should be made of foam, which is suitable for the power of the compound bow.
- A bullseye target face. For working on your aim, counting points, etc.
You also have the option of using a backstop net. It goes behind the target, between two posts. This net will catch any arrows that have missed the target.
A money-saving alternative? Fill a box with old clothes and/or sheets, well packed down!Make sure to fill it generously.
A fun alternative? Look into 3D targets.
Please note: You should be thorough and demanding when choosing the equipment you use, particularly when it comes to the target.
Never shoot into a wooden plank, wall, bale of hay, or folded cardboard, etc.Improvised targets like these do not offer any guarantee of safety, either for yourself or those around you, as they may deflect the arrow or may not offer a sufficient block for it.They'll also damage your arrows. As an archer, you should not make any compromises when it comes to your safety.